Friday, May 8, 2009

a break

well i did it. quit my job yesterday, with nothing official lined up yet. hopefully that will be resolved today. things have been very slow at work, and i feel a bit like i'm stealing (or in detention) every day when i go and have nothing to do. i think the best chance for the studio is to get as lean as possible and try to wait this economy out. that means it's time for something new for me.

fortunately i've been interviewing with a company for the last three months and they're supposed to make me an offer today. ok, it was supposed to be last week sometime, but i guess the wheels turn slowly there. i don't consider that a very good sign, but i'm hopeful that they will end up being a good fit for me.

i'm diving back into the world of software product management. this does scare me a little as i was a bit of a maniac, workaholic when last i did that job. that has been one of the great things about the last five years, i found a little balance in my life - especially since i was only working mon-thurs. the new gig is full time, and the commute is longer (20 miles instead of 10). i'm hoping that evie is a natural governor on my workaholic tendencies, and that i can still have some balance in my life.

in very happy news, evie and i will be taking a trip to the UP next weekend to hang out with the family for a week and a half. we're very excited about it, since we won't be able to go up in july like we'd originally planned. mike's going to join us for the long memorial day weekend.

just please let all the snow be gone by then.

No comments: