Sunday, February 1, 2009

25 random things about me

ok, this is a repeat of something from facebook. i received a note to put together 25 random things about myself. i enjoyed reading the lists put together by other people, and i enjoyed putting together mine (there are two, so this will be a two part post). i decided to add the lists here too, since this blog is sort of evie's baby book, so i want her to be able to read this someday, and i wanted to share it with folks who aren't my friends on facebook.

1. i can't believe that i'm 41 and i still rent an apartment.

2. my mom drives me crazy, and the longer i live, the more i realize i am like her - and the longer i am a mom, the more i appreciate her.

3. i love to eat pretty much everything, except lima beans. and i tolerate raspberries, but i don't see what the big deal is.

4. bjork scares me.

5. i'm proud that i grew up in a small town in upper michigan.

6. i'm proud that i got a degree in mechanical engineering, even if i haven't done anything with it in well over a decade.

7. i love living in san francisco, where anyone can be what they want to be and no one really minds. i don't even want to be anything particularly different, but i enjoy that others around me can be free. i wish people everywhere could be so lucky.

8. i wish that i could sing - you know, in a way that people liked.

9. i wonder what kind of person i'd have been if i was born before suffrage. i like to think i'd have fought for women's rights, but i wonder.

10. i love being at home with my family and to have friends come over. bonus points if they just stop by.

11. i wish i had a yard.

12. i feel blessed to have spent the last 18 months of my father-in-law's life close to him. he was a one-of-a-kind crotchety old man who helped me understand that there was room in my life to love more than one person, and that i wouldn't be giving up a thing if i had a baby.

13. i used to be a lot smarter, i swear. i think it mostly has to do with the degradation of my memory.

14. mike shows me he loves me by going to the atm and filling up the gas tank (two things i don't like to do), i show him i love him by cooking and keeping chocolate in the house. it truly is the little things.

15. i worry a little about raising my daughter in such an urban environment.

16. i hate thomas the tank engine.

17. i am surprised by how many friends i have after growing up a little bit of an oddball.

18. my dad is one of my best friends.

19. i wish i could go back and do my college degree all over again - i think i'd get so much more out of it this time around.

20. i still feel like an oddball sometimes.

21. i wish i could win the lottery without buying a ticket, cause it really does seem like money could make life easier.

22. i like to work.

23. i only get my hair cut every 8 months.

24. i would make a good benevolent dictator

25. i feel blessed.

No comments: